Watch Technician Watchmaking Luxury Jewellery $75K Salary
Category: Trades & Services
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- World leader in High end Luxury Jewellery and watchmaking
- Duty of excellence in thier creations, savoir-faire and quality of service
- Calibrating mechanical watches with weights to ensure they are keeping time
To evaluate all watches, Jewellery and other accessories and other time pieces in an accurate and timely manner and proceed with the intervention in accordance with Brand specifications within the allocated time-frame set.
- Technical assessment and evaluation of watches, jewellery, lighters and pens
- Disassembling watches, jewellery, lighters and pens to identify the specific area that needs repair
- Servicing internal watch movements
- Repairing and replacing defective parts in watches, jewellery, lighters and pens
- Reassembling parts by hand
- Calibrating mechanical watches with weights to ensure they are keeping time accurately
- Polishing of watch cases and jewellery
- Repair watches in the timeframe allocated to that brand
- Input of defect codes
- Engraving of rings
- Providing estimates and quotes for repairs
- Keeping abreast and applying new or revised technical information/data
- Communicate effectively with Spare Parts Coordinator with any incorrect parts inquiries.
- Share any relevant information to Customer Service team.
- Interact with certain customers to educate them on correct operation of their timepiece as required.
- Ensure impeccable cleanliness of all workshop facilities, work areas, tools and equipment.
- To replenish spare part kits; to place replenishment order to technical assistant.
- Communicate technical information when required to the Brand.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work patiently with small parts
- Ability to carry out intricate and delicate work with hands accurately
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Strives for continuous learning